A Winter Wonderland Awaits!
There’s no doubt that Lake Tahoe is one of the most gorgeous destinations for natural beauty and year-round outdoor recreation in the US. One of the most unique ways to experience the epic winters here is to explore the beautiful snow-covered mountains and alpine forests on a snowmobile! With impeccable service and well maintained fleets, these companies offer the best snowmobiling tours in North Lake Tahoe. If you want to rent a snowmobile and go on your own, you’ll find a trail map and a few tips on this page, for rentals, check our Equipment Rentals page!
Discover a fresh and exhilarating way to explore the winter wonderland with cutting-edge snowbikes! Conveniently located in Truckee, Tahoe Snowbike Rental offers a thrilling and unique adventure for experienced dirt bike or motorbike riders. With friendly staff will ensure you have everything you need for an incredible ride and a fleet of top quality snowbikes, you’ll be ripping up the mountains and marveling at the stunning landscapes in no time!
Located just south of Truckee, this team of experienced guides is passionate about showcasing the beauty of North Lake Tahoe’s winter wonderland. With a variety of snowmobile tours tailored to different skill levels, North Tahoe Winter Adventures offers something for everyone. Whether you’re a first-time rider or an experienced snowmobiler, their knowledgeable guides will lead you through the scenic trails, ensuring both safety and excitement. Get ready to create unforgettable memories in the winter wonderland of North Lake Tahoe with North Tahoe Winter Adventures.
Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours, Inc. invites you to experience the thrill of snowmobiling in the picturesque landscapes of North Lake Tahoe. Situated at Brockway Summit, CA-267, Tahoe Vista, CA, their experienced guides are ready to take you on an unforgettable journey. With a fleet of well-maintained snowmobiles and a dedication to safety, Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours ensures a fantastic adventure for riders of all levels. Explore the pristine trails, take in the breathtaking views, and immerse yourself in the winter wonderland that North Lake Tahoe has to offer. Get ready for an exhilarating snowmobiling experience with Lake Tahoe Snowmobile Tours, Inc.
If you’re heading out on a solo snowmobile excursion you’ll need to plan ahead and know exactly where to go to have the best time and stay safe! This map offers the most comprehensive information about snowmobiling areas, trails and also provides lots of helpful tips and tricks for staying safe and having fun!
If you’re planning to go out on your own, it’s crucial to make sure you know how to keep yourself and your friends safe. Here are some essential backcountry guidelines but it’s important to do you research and prepare properly for backcountry adventures!
- Ensure you’re aware of avalanches, know what to do in an emergency and know search and rescue techniques.
- In emergency situations within the backcountry, rescue personnel may take several hours or even days to arrive. You should plan accordingly with equipment and supplies.
- Enroll in an avalanche course, such as AIARE Level 1 training, or consider hiring a guide to accompany you in the backcountry.
- Every member of your group should possess essential avalanche rescue gear, including a transceiver, shovel, and probe. Regularly practice using this equipment before embarking on backcountry adventures.
- Attach your safety gear to your body, rather than your sled or equipment.
- Stay updated on current conditions and snowpack stability by consulting the Sierra Avalanche Center.
- Avoid traveling in the backcountry on the day following a significant storm. Allow the snowpack to settle for a minimum of 24 hours.